Jharkhand Gramin Bank, sponsored by Bank of India, was established on 12th June, 2006, consequent upon amalgamation of four erstwhile Regional Rural Banks – namely, Ranchi Kshetriya Gramin Bank, Singhbhum Kshetriya Gramin Bank, Hazaribag Kshetriya Gramin Bank, and Giridih Kshetriya Gramin Bank. The amalgamation took place vide Government of India Notification no. F.No.1/4/2006 dated 12.06.2006, and the amalgamated entity, Jharkhand Gramin Bank, continues to function under the ambit of the Regional Rural Banks Act, 1976, an Act enacted by the Government of India for “… developing the rural economy by providing, for the purpose of development of agriculture, trade, commerce, industry and other productive activities in the rural areas, credit and other facilities, particularly to the small and marginal farmers, agricultural labourers, artisans and small entrepreneurs, and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto. Head Office of Jharkhand Gramin Bank (JGB) is located in Ranchi, the Capital of Jharkhand State, India. JGB is operating in 15 out of 24 districts in the State of Jharkhand, and it has a network of 224 branches, under the jurisdiction of four Regional Offices. The Regional Offices are (1) Ranchi Region (headquartered in Ranchi and covers the administrative districts of Ranchi, Khunti, Lohardaga, Gumla and Simdega); Singhbhum Region (headquartered in Chaibasa and covers the administrative districts of East Singhbhum, West Singhbhum and Seraikella-Kharsawan) Hazaribag Region (headquartered in Hazaribag and covers the districts of Hazaribag, Chatra, Koderma and Ramgarh); and Giridih Region (headquartered in Giridih and covers the administrative districts of Giridih, Bokaro and Dhanbad).
The salient features of the performance of the Bank during 2010-11 are as under:-
- The Total deposit of the Bank stood at Rs. 184156 lakh as on 31.03.2011 as on against Rs. 166081 lakh as on 31.03.2010
- Advances outstanding stood at Rs. 5331 lakh, registering a growth of Rs. 8112 lakh over March 2010
- Fresh disbursement stood at Rs. 34999 lakh, out of that Rs. 26322 lakh has been disbursed under priority sector. Out of Rs. 26322 lakh, Rs. 8783 lakh has been dusbursed under agriculture sector.
- Per Branch business of the Bank as on 31.03.2011 was Rs. 1084 lakh aginst Rs. 956 lakh as on 31.03.10.
- Per employee business as on 31.03.11 stood at Rs. 280 lakh against Rs.263 lakh as on 31.03.10.
- The Bank has issued 50,427 Kissan Credit Card during financial year ended on 31.03.11.
- Investment deposit ratio during financial year 2010-11 was 69% as compared to 67% during 2009-10.
- CD Ratio of the Bank has been improved from 27% to 29%.
- NPA has been reduced to Rs. 3555 lakh as on 31.03.11 as against Rs. 3861 lakh as on 31.03.10. The gross NPA TO TOTAL ADVANCE HAS REDUCED FROM 9% TO 7%
- Bank has earned a net profit of Rs. 1650.06 lakh during current financial year and accumulated losses have been reduced to Rs. 471.88 lakh.
Some thing More:
While presenting the Annual Report, I am sure that with the technological upgradation and motivated workforce the business level, productivity and profitability of the bank will improve further in the days to come.
Jharkhand Gramin Bank follows in letter and spirit, the words of Mahatma Gandhi:
“A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favour by serving him. He is doing us a favour by giving us an opportunity to do so.”
Accordingly, all our operations and activities revolve around serving our customers – present as well as the potential – in the best possible way. Accordingly, we invite our customers, constituents and all other persons to share their experience with us: –
Jharkhand Gramin Bank
(A Government of India Undertaking)
5, Main Road
Ranchi – 834 001
Telephone nos. : 0651 – 2331656 / 0651 – 2202120
Fax : 0651 – 2330338